I bought cake circle (which happened to be the perfect size) and glued two together with the corrugation perpendicular in case that make it more sturdy.
Then I traced them on the foam I bought at JoAnn fabric and cut them out.
|oops, I guess I ended up with toes and a dog in this one|
I cut the fabric into 6 equal pieces (which unfortunately was a little tighter than I would have liked on two sides). I used spray glue to attach the foam on one side and the fabric on the back. I originally was going to staple it but this seemed okay.
Next I I had to sand the plastic lids a bit to roughen them up so I could use some heavy duty glue to hook the cushions to the lids. I decided to use a paint brush so I could spread the glue a little since it is so thick. I went through two of the E 6000 tubes to make 6 stools.
Here is the final project. I have to say I'm so relieved to finally have this one done. Although I may actually add some ribbon but I haven't decided for sure. I just hope they hold up. I guess only time will tell.
I know I got the idea from somewhere but I didn't have any pictures pinned so I searched one out this evening. That's what made me think about ribbon.
I'm looking forward to another summer of crafting projects inspired by...