Saturday, June 22, 2013

Five for Friday

A quick post to join in the
I spent my week in Texas so I can't resist some thematic numbers
My husband and I went to an Indigo Girls concert (with Joan Baez) the night before I headed out of town. We had great seat and it was very enjoyable. We have seen them before but I always enjoy this concert venue.

It was great to spend Father's Day with my dad just outside of Austin. We went boating on Lake Travis and had a yummy dinner at The Gnarly Gar. I didn't get pictures of the two of us but I did get some sad looking pictures of the lake (my dad said it's down about 55 feet)

After leaving my dad's house I went to visit my two sisters outside of Houston. It was so great to spend time with them and my niece and nephews. Well my 14 year old nephew hung out in his room most of the time (I guess it's just the age) but the little ones are precious.
I have been participating in the Teach Like Pirate book study and following/making a few comments on Twitter with the #tlap hashtag. I was super excited this week to get a couple of nice thoughful comments from Dave Burgess and have him add me to his google+ circles (which I of course reciprocated). How cool is that :-) Obviously a super nice guy who must be excited with the impact he is making right now.
I am sooo excited for ISTE. I have been following tweets all week and adding things to my planner and calendar. It will be so nice to see old friends and get a chance to meet people in personal that I have only connected with online. I just drove over and checked into my hotel tonight so I'm ready to get started. I am going to Hack Education (an ISTE unplugged event) for the first time so I'm very interested to experience that.

Time to go check out what everybody else has been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment