Friday, June 7, 2013

Definitely late to the party

I'm usually an on time girl but I'm definitely fashionable late for this party. As a matter of fact I totally missed the window but I'm going to share anyway.


I love John Shu's blog Watch. Connect. Read. He includes so many great book trailers and I really enjoy getting insights from his author interviews. I definitely want to share more of these with my students as well as doing more of my own book talks about great books I would like to recommend.


For implementing BYOT/BYOD in fourth grade in January I think we did a great job. I would like to spend some more time exploring android apps so I can better integrate them as well.

oops I missed "into"
  I love poetry and have shelves of great books that I have collected over the years. I just need to remember to pull them out and share them more than a couple of times a year. I did get a kick out of our guyku/galku gallery this year hmmm I think I need to write a post about that one.


I got a good start this year utilizing Wixie and edmodo for assignments (as well as some other tech) but there is still a long way to go.


I know there is so much potential and it's time I went beyond edmodo and actually had them reflecting on their personal kidblogs.


I'm not sure why I have so much trouble with this but next year I am really going to make a conscience effort.

It was fun checking out lots of other ideas at



3 comments:

  1. At least you made it to the party. I had to skip this one even though I think it's a great party. I share so many of your goals. Maybe I could just link to yours. ;) Have you seen the "ReadBox" QR book trailer board on Pinterest? Very cool...It's my number one plan to meet the goal of sharing my book trailers. Have a great day!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you call them "Book Trailers" instead of "Book Talks" - I think that would appeal to kids more. :-)

    Corrina
    From Mrs. Allen's Teaching Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have great goals for next year! Good thing we have summers to get our goals ready for action!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete