Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Wednesday website and Workshop Pins

It's late (I can't give up any quality visiting time with my family) but it's still Wednesday for another hour so here we go.

First up a quick website for 



A fun versatile site as have as grade level and purpose is Kerpoof. Students can make pictures, stories, movies, etc. all within one site. There are a variety of possibilities with suggested grade levels for each section. There is even a teacher sections with lesson plans and other ideas. As a teacher you can easily create logins for your students and then print up little ID type cards for them. It is certainly a great starting point for some digital storytelling. I don't have them time to go into all the different sections but go check it out.

starting page where students can log in

information in the teacher section along with a video

one of the picture options I used with our camping unit
Next up a couple of reading pins for


With all the need for evidence about reading this is something I want to make next year.

from Julie Ballew at A Literate Life

Here is another one about students documenting their thinking about reading but it more about self assessment. It was actually such a great post you really should go read the whole thing.

from Miss Bongers at Life in 4B

Making a T shirt seemed like a really fun way for students to share about their independent reading. Check out the post that explains about the process and shows other examples.

from Nancy at Teaching My Friends


I have gotten such pleasure out of reading all of Brandee Green's posts at Creating Lifelong Learners. This was a gem she posted recently. She even shared the needed forms - so sweet.

from Brandee Green at Creating Lifelong Learners

I am going to stop there with 4 minutes to spare :-)

4 comments:

  1. I love these pins! Especially the reading response/self assessment one! :)
    Jivey
    ideas by jivey
    Follow Me On Facebook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that website before. I need to check it out!

    Tessa
    Tales from Outside the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pinned the What Are You Thinking chart! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute site! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    -Julie

    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete