Friday, June 14, 2013

First Five for Friday



Today I'm joining Doodle Bugs Teaching for the first time for









I am totally settled into summer by now and not getting much done but relaxing, reading, and blogging of course as far as I'm concerned there's nothing wrong with that :-)

Here are my five for this week:
 Wednesday was my 9 year anniversary. Unfortunately my wonderful husband was gone in Vegas for work but we are celebrating this weekend by going to a concert a local venue, Chastain, that we love. We used to get a "take 5" season pass but there just weren't enough things we wanted to see this year :-(


 
This past week was also the one year anniversary of my blog. I have been blogging up a storm lately compared to the past. Last summer I had just started my blog and was joining in on a couple of Link ups but this summer I have gone beyond that and actually done some posts about a few things I have done in my classroom this year. I still have a list of some other things to share so stay tuned.



I have also attended a bunch of webinars this week. I'm a huge fan of Simple K12 and they are doing tons of live sessions over the summer plus they have a million prerecorded ones. Most of the live ones are for members but some are offered free. As a matter of fact, hey are doing a full day of different iPad sessions on June 18 and July 9 so go check it out if you are interested. I love that over the summer I can do PD on my own terms. I can pick out the things I want to do and I can do as much or as little as I would like.

I participate on a racing team on  Wednesday Nights and I have thoroughly enjoyed being  able to stay over on our sailboat after the race each week. They do food and drinks at the clubhouse after each race and during the school year I always have to dash off because I get up so early.

our race boat now- we used to race on a much smaller boat

super cute sailboat shorts the girls have to match - luv them
my old 70s era boat where I sleep - it is more like a camper than a yacht :-)

I go in and out of phases with Twitter. I will check it periodically but I don't contribute much except around technology events. Since I'm heading off to ISTE 2013 soon I have been much more active. I've also been watching the hastag #TLAP (Teach Like a Pirate) since I loved the book. There will be a new #TLAP chat starting up Tuesday for anyone that likes that kind of thing. I followed the final meeting of a previous group last week. I'm @htemske on twitter if you want to follow me. I do expect to tweet some from the event.








I guess that's it for now. I'm excited to go catch a movie and dinner tonight with my bestie from school. I always miss not seeing her everyday when it's vacation. She is going along to Texas so that will be extra fun.

Don't forget to check out what everybody else is doing at...


 

5 comments:

  1. I love those beachy numbers and that's awesome that you have a boat! I just heard about the ISTE conference for the first time yesterday. I wish I had known sooner, I probably would have tried to attend. Sounds like a lot of fun!

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your summer is off to an awesome start:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you linked up so I could discover your blog! Looking forward to following you!

    Kristin
    I3: Imagine. Inspire. Innovate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary and Happy Blog-iversary!
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love the look of your blog. Super cute and calming!
    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete