We are back in school so that is on my mind lately.
1. My classroom is pretty much set and ready for students to start on Monday. The only major thing left is to restuff my SCUBA girl and get her back on the ceiling by the window.
2. Sneak Peek was Thursday and that is when students drop in to meet their new teacher and parents fill out paperwork. I had all but one student come because she is still at the beach with her grandparents. Her mom did come and do the paperwork so I think this is the first year I had it all completed by the start of school.
While kids are there I have them take a picture with their name tag against the background so I can trim off names and make flashcards to practice before the first day. Then I also have the pictures for a first day bingo game. Later I will put Daily 5/CAFE stuff on the background.
3. I lowered my kidney table to accommodate my cute new stools that I made this summer. The lids are pretty tight so I'm going to store extra reams of paper and things that I don't need to access frequently.
4. I received a fun package in the mail from The Back to School Blogger exchange. My exchange partner was Robyn from Pinkadots. I got lot of fun goodies in blue and purple since those are my favorite colors. My favorites were probably the file bands and washi type tape.
Her blog partner Theresa just did a reveal of her exchange with another blogger.
5. This one is not teaching related. We've had some house projects going on recently. We had our fireplace resurfaced with stacked stone, refinished our wood floors and had iron balusters installed. We are also getting some new carpet but that hasn't happened yet.
Thanks for dropping by to see what I'm up too