Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Currently

It's been a while since I've joined in the "Currently" fun (or really done any blogging for that matter). So here's to getting back with it. I'm joining Farley for the monthly tradition.



 
Listening: We could really use the rain around here so I'm not complaining

Loving: Teachers finished up on Tuesday although I had to go in on Wednesday to do some final packing up of my room. Our school is changing who hosts our websites and I trained everyone so they kept coming and asking me questions while they tried to get things posted before the summer. Once everyone was gone I knocked the rest of it out pretty quickly.

Thinking: I last presented this training in November so I just need to make sure I review what I'm covering so it has a good flow :-)

Wanting: I bought the material for a stool project last summer and never got it done. I making myself finish it before I can do any other fun ideas.

Needing: I am so excited that my father's side of the family is having a reunion this summer up in Connecticut. I think it has been about 15 years since the last one. My dad is one of 8 and everyone is spread from one side of the country to the other. It's not so easy to get the crowd together. We will also be having a belated 90th birthday celebration for my grandfather.

3 vacay essentials: I love to take pictures on vacation and I'm never satisfied with the ones from my phone. I am totally addicted to my iPad and I barely go anywhere without it. My older Kindle is a must have on summer vacations because the ipad is usually unreadable in the bright sunlight.

Well, I have to say it feels good to get something posted again. Now I have to finish my project so I can post about it tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I'm on summer break now, as well, and I am... LOVING IT! :) Glad we can love it together.

    Did you know that you can download the Kindle App onto your iPad. Once you sign into your account, all the books you have already purchased are transferred to your iPad. That way, they are located in two places. I love that!

    Welcome back to blogging. I stopped for quite a while, but now, I am pumped about getting back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you're on summer break! I'm getting there. Where do you teach in GA? I did my undergrad at Mercer and have quite a few friends who teach in GA. Glad to have found another upper grades blog!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete