Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday Website

I opened my reader today and saw a new Linky by Tessa at Tales form Outside the Classroom. We is sharing websites and I can't miss out on that fun. Click her button to check it out and support the new link up.


Gosh how do I narrow it down to one. I guess I'll just pick one the kids love.

Just like Tessa I have been using Bitesize for ages. It is a British website. Not too long ago they did and update of most (if not all) of the different activities. They used to be much more cartoon like.

You can see from the screenshot that they have activities for RELA, Math and Science. All of the activities are interactive regardless of topic.


This year I have only focused on the English section since that is what I teach but I know the students have explored other areas. Within each section there are multiple lesson. Within each lesson there is an activity to play, something to read, and a quiz. Sometimes there are also short videos to watch.



A student favorite are the "Big Babies" activities in the Reading and Writing sections.  Think one year old rappers with adult heads. Check out the image below. They get information and then have to answer questions in a game format. My kids would go back over the same topics again just because they liked the goofy british raps :-)


Here I showed KS2 which is for intermediate student (although I can't remember the exact grade equivalents). There are also ones for younger and older it you go to the main site.

If you haven't been to Bitesize before definitely go check it out.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! That site looks great!

    Tessa
    Tales from Outside the Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. These websites look like a lot of fun. I am sure my kids will love them!

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Big Babies site looks great. I will definitely be using it next year. My students are going to laugh their heads off.

    matt
    Digital: Divide & Conquer

    ReplyDelete