Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday Made it: organization, management and communication

 Back to share at another...

 This is my favorite link up and it continually inspires me throughout the summer. - Thanks Tara

This is another project that I started a while ago and never finished. I made the metal background ages ago but never got around to doing the glass beads. The backing is just a pizza pan spray painted white with some scrapbook paper attached with spray glue and some thin ribbon to designate the sections.


The beads were so quick I can't believe believe I didn't do them sooner. I used a little circle punch (that seems to be 3/4 inch) to cut out scrapbook paper from scraps I had laying around. I wrote numbers on with a Sharpie marker. I put a drop of jewelry gel on the glass (because that's what I had on hand) and then stuck the numbers on and added a little more to the back. I let them dry for a while and then came back and glued on the 1/2 in magnets. In hindsight I wish I had picked a different scrapbook paper for the magnets since they sort of blend with the background but for now I'm satisfied.


I bought this plastic folder/clipboard at the Dollar Tree and then had to decide what I would do with it. I thought it would be perfect to take out when we do monthly drills. Once I get my new class lists I will put them in along with the red, yellow and green paper that we use for a visual signal to the grade chair that calls in on the radio.


 I did two little projects inspired by the linky last week. The bag organizer is just scrapbook paper with an added label from the computer. The drawers were created using a digital scrapbook background and some cute clipart in Print Shop.



My final project is actually electronic. For the past few years our school has paid to have TeacherWeb host all the classroom websites. This year we are all switching to Weebly because it's free and it is so much easier. I helped train our staff on using the new site and put together a few resource to assist them. Of course I spent so much time with everyone else that I really didn't get much done on my own until this week. I played around with the background and made some headers to fit the different pages. Here are a few of them.


Feel free to stop by and take a look at the new website here. I'm sure I'll think of some more things to include over time but at least it's a start.

Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. I love that you made a class site on weebly. I just put that on my list of things to do...
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pizza pan, maybe I can use something like that for keeping track of who is out of the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love how the magnets look like bubbles on your fishy pan :)

    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the magnets - great idea! I am becoming very jealous of everyone's drawers with labels - must get started on those soon!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! You're a crafty girl! :) I love your ideas!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the pizza pan. I'm adding it to my summer to do list! Thanks for the idea!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the pan is something that would help me. I am always having to think for a minute to remember who is at the restroom, library, etc... That would help me out a lot. All of your projects look great!

    Kelly
    I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather,

      I love your website and your blog! I will definitely be back to visit it. Ocean/beachy is the theme in my 4th grade classroom. =)

      Janna
      Fabulous Finch Facts

      Delete