Friday, August 9, 2013

Five for Friday - Back to School



We are back in school so that is on my mind lately.


1. My classroom is pretty much set and ready for students to start on Monday.  The only major thing left is to restuff my SCUBA girl and get her back on the ceiling by the window.






2. Sneak Peek was Thursday and that is when students drop in to meet their new teacher and parents fill out paperwork. I had all but one student come because she is still at the beach with her grandparents. Her mom did come and do the paperwork so I think this is the first year I had it all completed by the start of school. 



While kids are there I have them take a picture with their name tag against the background so I can trim off names and make flashcards to practice before the first day. Then I also have the pictures for a first day bingo game. Later I will put Daily 5/CAFE stuff on the background. 


3. I lowered my kidney table to accommodate my cute new stools that I made this summer.  The lids are pretty tight so I'm going to store extra reams of paper and things that I don't need to access frequently. 



4. I received a fun package in the mail from The Back to School Blogger exchange. My exchange partner was Robyn from Pinkadots. I got lot of fun goodies in blue and purple since those are my favorite colors. My favorites were probably the file bands and washi type tape.




Her blog partner Theresa just did a reveal of her exchange with another blogger.


5. This one is not teaching related. We've had some house projects going on recently. We had our fireplace resurfaced with stacked stone, refinished our wood floors and had iron balusters installed. We are also getting some new carpet but that hasn't happened yet.





Thanks for dropping by to see what I'm up too






7 comments:

  1. Your room looks great! What an awesome reading corner! I so wish I had enough space to do a long wall of cases. Unfortunately I have to break my bookcases apart because of the way my room is laid out. Congrats on having all your kids show up! That's always a plus!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room looks amazing!!! I love the bucket stools, the jellyfish in the corner of your reading center, the paper lanterns up in the corner (makes me think of bubbles!)...I had to go back and look at the pictures a couple of times to take it all in :) I have one more week before I can get into my room, so I'm having fun checking out everyone elses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room and those stools. That extra storage leaves me drooling=)
    ~lisa
    TGIF- Third Grade Is Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks great! Good luck tomorrow. Enjoy your first day back!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room looks great!! I'm so jealous of all the library books you've accumulated. When you mentioned SCUBA girl, it totally reminded me of a scuba craftivity I did with my class 2 years ago. It was adorable and looked great for Open House. I'll see if I can figure out a way to send you the pic, if you haven't see it already {I found the idea on pinterest}. It's adorable!!
    Good luck tomorrow, and have a great school year!

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog caught my eye! I was nominated for the Liebster Award for fresh bloggers. I wanted to share the favor and nominated you. See my blog post to see how to accept.

    http://ohsnapelementary.blogspot.com/2014/10/sweet-nomination-liebster-award.html

    -Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice, i really like it.if you enjoy our site as if you pla t follow: http://www.robesdemariee2013.com/

    ReplyDelete