Resolution Solution

It that time of year again. Time to make some goals. I'm not the best with keeping my resolutions so I think I will just call them goals this year. Maybe if I post them up I will feel a little more accountable.
School: We are starting BYOT in fourth grade when we return after break. I'm excited but also nervous. I love to integrate technology but now I really want to focus on making it an integral part of what we do daily. I also want to make sure it is meaningful and not just a fun add on.
Blogging:I love reading blogs and learning so many things from all the fabulous teacher bloggers out there. I am very good about keep up with my reading but this summer I started my own blog with the intention of giving back. I have been horrible about sharing what I'm doing in my classroom. A goal for 2013 is to post more regularly. Ideally for right now that would probably be once a week.
Personal:I really need to focus on healthy choices. I need to make time for me - especially going to the gym. I get so caught up in school that it consumes me.
Last year year there was a lot of talk about picking one little word to guide the year. This year I'm going for completion (until I can think of a better thing to call it). I get so excited about things and jump I jump right in. Unfortunately I don't always keep my focus and I start things that I don't always follow through with. I'm going to work on actually following things through to completion.
Thanks for linking up, Heather! I agree about taking more time for ourselves and not letting school consume us....but it is so hard! ;)
ReplyDeleteAmanda
Teaching Maddeness
Hi Heather! I know what you mean about blogging. I am finally catching up a little over break but during school, I am lucky to post once a week. It is so tough to keep on track with everything. Cheers to 2013 and resolutions:)
ReplyDelete~Holly
Fourth Grade Flipper
Our goals are super similar! Great minds think alike right? Best of luck that you wil keep all of yours this year!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy reading your posts.
ReplyDeleteI nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please visit my blog to retrieve it.
Elizabeth
Hodges Herald
Love the word completion for your word of the year! I'm a 95%er. I get almost to the end of a project and then do seem to manage to finish things up. Have a great new year!
ReplyDeleteMegan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?