As I mentioned in my introduction post I have quite an obsession with Amazon and purchasing books for my classroom. I spent a bit of time today reading some of my new additions to the collection.
Here are a couple of new favorite from today.
Dear Hot Dog - It has wonderful everyday object poetry. It could definitely be a spring board for student writing. I also happen to like that they are free verse not rhyming poems.
A Day's Work - It has a nice message about telling the truth and working hard. It would be really good for a quick character analysis.
Squirrel and John Muir - It is a fictionalized biography about John Muir's time at Yosemite. I loved the writing from a craft standpoint and the story line.
Sixteen Years in Sixteen Seconds: The Sammy Lee Story - It is a biography of the first Asian American to win an Olympic gold metal. It is a wonderful story of determination. It includes some great sensory details to use as a model for student writers.
Have you heard of Shelfari? It is a fun way to show what you are reading. I have my shelf embedded on my class website. Then each year we add books as we read them together or they read them in book groups.
I am going to attempt to add it here as well :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment