Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Made it SF edition



I haven't been able to join up for a couple of weeks since I haven't been home to make anything. While I was home this week I was able to make a couple of quick things on the computer.


The first one was inspired by Pernille Ripp and this post.


Here is my version that needs to be laminated.



I also loved Terri Thorton's post about her STAR literacy Binder. She is actually doing a litte series. Terri was so sweet that she out the cover below as a freebie on the intro post.  

"

I wanted to include some starfish on mine since I'm doing an ocean theme. I'm still not entirely satisfied since I think it's a bit girly but I'm on the lookout for come better starfish for the background.


I also made a banner for my classroom. I haven't printed up the much larger version that will go between our two team classes. We will add clear stickers with all the students names in the two classes.


I still have a TON of things that I want to make but I'm quickly running out of time. This year I had three weeks at the beginning of the summer that was totally free but I guess I wasn't as motivated as i should have been now I have no time. Oops!


I also made a purchase 



and I made a bunch of reservations but I mentioned both yesterday for the Sunday Smorgasbord. 



Wow, there are already almost 100 posts to look at and it's only 8:30 am PDT. Be sure to check out all the wonderful things over at 4th Grade Frolics.


7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of showing the kids which books I read. I'm going to have to give that one a try.

    Hooty
    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of counting how many books I've read and posting it! Thanks for sharing!
    Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea to share with the kids what you are reading. I have a competition with the kids in my class to get them motivated to read. Nobody EVER wants me to win! Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started following your blog! Stop by and visit mine sometime! Can't wait to share great ideas with you!

    http://missmcdonaldsmemoirs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea. Now I will have to read books that are not totally inappropriate for them...HAHA.

    Anyway, i have loved catching up on your blog. In fact, I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. I era;ize that you may already have one, as awesome as you are, but I choose you anyway. :)
    Here is where I nominated you:
    Liebster Award

    Love the blog!!!
    ~Amy
    The Teacher Next Door

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute way to show that you read, too! I think it's important for children to see their parents, teachers, and other adults reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your car! How is it? I also love the idea for the door, I might just do it! :)
    Theresa
    Pinkadots Elementary

    ReplyDelete