Thursday, December 27, 2012

Resolution Solution

Teaching Maddeness

It that time of year again. Time to make some goals. I'm not the best with keeping my resolutions so I think I will just call them goals this year. Maybe if I post them up I will feel a little more accountable.

School:
We are starting BYOT in fourth grade when we return after break. I'm excited but also nervous. I love to integrate technology but now I really want to focus on making it an integral part of what we do daily. I also want to make sure it is meaningful and not just a fun add on.

Blogging:
I love reading blogs and learning so many things from all the fabulous teacher bloggers out there. I am very good about keep up with my reading but this summer I started my own blog with the intention of giving back. I have been horrible about sharing what I'm doing in my classroom. A goal for 2013 is to post more regularly. Ideally for right now that would probably be once a week.

Personal:
I really need to focus on healthy choices. I need to make time for me - especially going to the gym. I get so caught up in school that it consumes me.

Last year year there was a lot of talk about picking one little word to guide the year. This year I'm going for completion (until I can think of a better thing to call it). I get so excited about things and jump I jump right in. Unfortunately I don't always keep my focus and I start things that I don't always follow through with. I'm going to work on actually following things through to completion.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Heather! I agree about taking more time for ourselves and not letting school consume us....but it is so hard! ;)

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I know what you mean about blogging. I am finally catching up a little over break but during school, I am lucky to post once a week. It is so tough to keep on track with everything. Cheers to 2013 and resolutions:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our goals are super similar! Great minds think alike right? Best of luck that you wil keep all of yours this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy reading your posts.
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please visit my blog to retrieve it.
    Elizabeth
    Hodges Herald

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the word completion for your word of the year! I'm a 95%er. I get almost to the end of a project and then do seem to manage to finish things up. Have a great new year!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete