Sunday, October 7, 2012

Currently October


I am a little late to the party but...  better late than never :-)

 

Wanting - I am working on my reading endorsement add on to my teaching certificate. I have been enjoying the class and definitely leaving quite a bit. So far all the assignments have been individual work and that works out since we are from many different schools. The final project however is a group on. Most groups have three or four people by mine only has two of us. The first night we were supposed to work together my partner was late for class and we only got 10 minutes to figure out who would do each part. Last week we were supposed to share what we had done so far and she said she hadn't had a chance yet but that she would definitely take care of it and email me during the week. We are supposed to present on Tuesday and I still haven't heard anything from here. Ugh!

Needing - We are having a consultant from the area educational technology center work with our students on Tuesday to create movies using our new cart of ipads. I agreed that I would set up Dropbox on all of them before the session and now I have to go make good on the promise.

Book - I love Cynthia Rylant's writing style and this is a great mentor text for fall.







4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!
    Sorry you're having such a difficult time with your partner - in school, I always groaned inwardly when my teacher made us work in groups...and now I'm one of those teachers! :)
    Hopefully the two of you can connect before class and work out a plan for the project.

    I'm loving the beautiful weather too - there's nothing like the crisp, cool air of fall to lighten one's spirits!

    ~Jessica
    Check out my blog: joyinthejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who isn't loving this weather! Fall is amazing! I'm jealous of your IPADS, I wish we had them! The county I work in is going 1:1 with 3-12, but I teach 2nd! Boo! Just missed it. haha. Good luck connecting with your partner, I know how frustrating that can be! Oh and thanks for the book suggestions!! :)

    Ashley
    Primary Teacherhood

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your graduate work. I know the feeling of having a group member that just doesn't care:( I LOVE the weather this time of year even though today it is 45 degrees and raining, I still love it! Good day to relax inside:) Check out my giveaway (ends 10/13) if you get a chance!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't fall weather the best? I look forward to it every year. And the leaves, they make me so happy! Enjoy some relaxation time and good luck with those ipads. :)

    ReplyDelete