Monday, July 23, 2012

My room then and now

I have been mentioning for a couple days that I was going to put up some classroom pictures. Since I'm stuck on a plane right now I figured I would give it a shot on this blogger app. That totally didn't work but thanks to Megan at I Teach. What's Your Super Power? I downloaded blogsy and it seem much more workable. Woohoo

So here are some before pictures. Well if truth be told these were actually after I moved the bookcases and some other furniture in to their general location.

 

 

 

 
Here are some after pictures starting from a look in door and then doing a 360 around the space. I spent 1 day before my Texas trip and 2 days this week in my classroom. I actually feel like I'm in pretty good shape before preplanning. I still have some banners to make (oops somehow forgot them this weekend) and I need to hang up some decorative elements on the ceiling that I bought.



I love the VOICES and CRAFT headers from Ladybug Teachers Files. This will be the writing area.


This is reading area with the visiting classes book bins.

I'm also super excited about my common core vocabulary cards from Ginger Snaps. I have the whole area above the bulletin boards set aside but I will it up most of the words as we go.

Obviously this is the classroom library. Don't my new bean bag chairs look inviting.
That bulletin board will have book recommendations on it.
 
This is the coat/book bag area as well the kids cubbies (which hold the homerooms book bins).
The area above the cubbies will be the place to move some anchor charts.
 

This corner needs inspiration but I'm thinking maybe about a map for our postcard exchange and
other collaborative projects since I took over the location from last year with something else.
 

This is a teacher corner and I'm thinking about using the fish background ($2.50 at Target)
to track Daily 5 choices
 
Small group meeting area with designated area for anchor charts
with clips (inspired by Clutter-Free Classroom)
 
There you have it. My room as it stands waiting for my return from California. There is definitely still a bit to do but I'm certainly farther along than I would normally be. This was primarily inspired by the fact that I wanted to get my crafts to their new home and that by beastie at school is going out on maternity leave 2 weeks into school and I wanted to be able to help with plans and not spending all of it setting up my room.
 
Now to push publish and see it it actually works.

Hmmm not sure how to get My cute signature on here. I suppose I should watch some how to videos so I can get hyperlinks and other key things working correctly.

Thank for stopping by

Heather

 

2 comments:

  1. Your room looks like it is really coming together! I am always soooo jealous looking at the amount of space you Northern Hemisphere cousins have compared to us Down Under! Looks like you have done a great job!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Glad Blogsy worked for you. For your signature, go to a post on your blog and save the picture to your iPad. Then you can stick it in. : )
    Love your classroom! I haven't been in mine since right after school let out, and I'm dying to get in!!!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete