Tuesday, July 24, 2012

More About Me

I am on the road right now driving to Yosemite National Park. We arrived VERY late last night (because of mechanical issues with our plane and car rental issues) from Georgia.

I wanted to join in on the fun from Step Into Second Grade.

I am doing this on my iPad so I think the pictures are going to all end up at the bottom (probably out of order) if a past preview is accurate. I am also limited to pictures I have here on my device but I am going to go with it anyway. I might as well since I still have a couple more hours in the car.

1. I was undeclared in college (Kutztown University) until I finally had to pick a major. I didn't know what I wanted to do but I was sure I didn't want to teach (like much of my dad's side of the family). I ended up picking business. My first job out of college was at the Boy Scouts. I ended up going into schools and decided that I totally wanted to teach after all. I went back to school (Western Connecticut) for teaching. I later did my masters in instructional technology (Georgia College). I LOVE teaching fourth grade. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2. I have a wonderful husband that I have been married to for eight years. We met through match although he still won't admit that to most people. He has a real job but on the side he plays in a wedding band. I included a picture of him playing on the piano at Studio B in Nashville where Elvis himself played many times.

3. We don't have any children. We have two dogs that are kind of like our kids. Of course I always get to borrow everyone else's kids at school too. I do have nieces and nephews that I love.

4. Speaking of family, I come from a crazy divorce remarriage family. I have 5 sisters but only two that I grew up with in my house. I even have two sisters, Amanda and Alisha, born on the same day from different parents.

5. I am pretty much a geek. I love technology and am the go to person at my school for Activboards, iPads and pretty much all things tech. I try to incorporate it as much as possible. I have been following blogs for a couple of years and I can't believe it has taken me so long to set up a teacher blog.

6. I am totally not a TV watcher. I record like two shows (Grey's Anatomy and Big Bang) and watch when my husband and I get a chance. I always feel out of touch when my friends chat TV shows at lunch.

7. I love to travel! My two favorite trips have been the Galapagos Islands for animal watching and Australia for neat variety. On the Australia trip we dove on the Great Barrier Reef and spent New Years Eve in Sydney which both were fabulous.

8. I have an adventurous soul which sometimes drives my husband crazy. I love scuba diving. I like to zip line, parasail, paraglide, Segway, ATV, horseback ride, etc. He like the motorized things but nothing that involves heights.

9. I have been racing sailboats for about 7 years with a couple and some others. We race each Wednesday and then some weekend regattas. Most are on Lake Lanier but sometimes we travel.

10. I drive a convertible. Even though I've had it for 8 years, I still drive with the top down whenever possible. It doesn't matter if it's 95 or 50.

Thanks for stopping by and finding out a little more about me.

Heather

4 comments:

  1. It's fun to learn more about fellow bloggers! I love to travel, too - how absolutely cool to have been to the Galapagos! I would love to go there sometime.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture with Moby! I am BrainPop obsessed. I use Blogsy to blog on my iPad. It's awesome! I'm a new follower.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading about you! I love Big Bang...it's my favorite sitcom! How cool that you have been to the Galapagos and Australia! I would love to travel more...:) You sound a lot like my son....free-spirited and adventure loving! He is a life lover....and he's only 17! Anywho, I wanted to let you know I am awarding you with the One Lovely Blog award. You can stop by and pick it up anytime!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading all about your adventurous soul!! So awesome! I also nominated you for a blog award! Stop by to pick it up:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete