Monday, July 23, 2012

Lots of Made Its this Monday


  I have been SUPER PRODUCTIVE this weekend. I guess I really needed to be after I laid out my to do list  for the linky organized by Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies.

Now it's time to link up with the fabulous


  Here are some of my quickie projects. They were mostly quick thanks to lots of other fabulous bloggers that shared ideas and files.

Thanks to 4th Grade Frolics - I bought the task cards too

Thanks to There's No Place Like Second Grade

Thanks to Tonya's Treats for Teachers
I can't remember where this idea came from - so sorry - the other was cuter but this works

Medium time and effort projects - mostly just time in front of the computer.

an ocean version of the popular 10 ways to be a better reader
Thanks again to Tonya's Treats for Teachers for this idea

Thanks to Clutter-Free Classroom for the tip to trim a calendar with ribbon (or in my case glitter tape)

The next two are items that I created with Print Shop and then ordered from Vistaprint
birthday card/coupons
My version of the ever popular tracking thinking posters
These I made with Print Shop, printed them on my color laser printer and then glued them together


There are three banners I needed for my room the largest is 6 sheets long

 The last items were definitely more of a time/effort investment.

an ocean version of facebook/classbook - I ordered it from VistaPrint
and coordinating headers for showcasing kids work with their picture - printed myself

This was a project that I expected to be simple and it just wasn't. After ordering the aprons from ebay they arrived smelling terrible (mildew and cigarette smoke). I first tested out fabric paint to cover the logos - no go. Next I washed them all to get rid of the stink and then had to untangle the MESS from 30 strings (well actually 60 since they have 2 strings each). I sorted the ready to go ones and the others that seriously needed ironing :-(
I ended up deciding to use duct tape to cover it all up. First I tried to just fill in the middle but it was way too hard to get everything even - ugh. I tried alternating color to use my duct tape more efficiently but I didn't like the turquoise on the outside. I found out some aren't the same size as you can see with the narrower turquoise band. Finally I decided to wrap the tape around the end a little to avoid the uneven tape. In the end I only ended up making 10 because I'd had enough. I think I am going to see if I can get a parent volunteer to make the rest when school starts.



Well there you have it. If only I was always this productive. It helps that my hubby was out of town and the only thing I had to do was an evening wedding Saturday night. Actually now that I think about it I did spend about 6 hours in my classroom Friday too - pictures still to come.

I originally was going to load up several of the files to Google docs and share but I ran out of steam. If you are doing an ocean theme and you would like any of the files just leave a comment with your email and I'll get them to you.

I leave this evening for California and I don't return until next Monday so I won't have a chance to make anything for next week. Well, maybe I'll just do something late. I will of course stop in and check out everybody else's wonderful stuff.

Thanks for stopping by... and reading this far :) 


25 comments:

  1. Love it all! YOu have been very busy.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Your room is going to be awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You got a lot accomplished! I can't wait till I can get in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done! Love getting ideas from other bloggers during this link up!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were very productive! What do you use the aprons for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plan is to have them keep the book they are reading in them and maybe a few supplies. They have book boxes but this would be for off times when the boxes aren't out.

      Thanks
      Heather

      Delete
  6. Wow! You have been busy! I LOVE all of your projects. Fabulous ideas!

    Krista
    stellar-students

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glitter tape?! That sounds like a great item. I love your calendar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter tape is supposed to be for scrapbooking but it worked great to cover up the brightly colored dots that I had last year. It just so happened it was on sale at Michael's for half price. I had been on a search for blue calendar or something not too decorative and I wasn't having any luck. This was the perfect solution that I wish I had thought of earlier. I think that's why reading other blogs is so beneficial.

      Heather

      Delete
  8. Love the book apron idea!

    I'm your newest follower and would love to have you stop by my blog sometime!

    Nikki
    uncommontothecore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ocean ideas! I have an ocean/fish theme in my classroom. I would LOVE any resources you would like to provide :)
    Erin (erinlyn9@gmail.com)
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy cow you've been busy!!! :) I feel like I don't get anything done until I'm actually in my classroom!

    Ashley @Fierce in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you love Monday Made its when you have a ton to share??? You've done so much this week! WOW! :) I love how you jazzed up your calendar. I am DEFINITELY going to do something like that to mine. So simple, and it changes the look so much.

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was wondering the same thing about the home depot labels and now I will duct tape them! what a great idea!
    I will post pics when I am done.

    I love that someone else out there was inspired to get the aprons off home depot!

    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! You've been busy!! I love the idea of using duct tape on the aprons. I keep buying all this fabulous duct tape and haven't figured out what to do with it yet, haha

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMAZING!! You have been busy!! Are you just going to use the "Making Memories" jugs throughout the year and have them write on the little card whenever? I tried finding where Tonya blogged about it but could only find the TPT link and there isn't much of a description. Thanks!!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the calendar...your blog is so cute..im your newest follower drop by ...id love to help donate something at your next giveaway..maybe 100 follower?

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You got tons done! I love your calendar! Everything looks fabulous!
    Learning In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've been busy! I love the ocean version of Facebook. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah
    Teaching Star Students

    ReplyDelete
  19. Busy, busy , busy!! I have awarded you the Leibster Award, come on over and grab it!
    Tania
    Mrs Poultney's Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think the lightbulb moment tub is adorable! Great job! :)

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my first ever blog hop and link up!

    Ashley @ Fierce in Fourth.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow... I feel inspired! Soon, I will begin on some creative products, too. I want to head over to Target, also, and purchase those lightbulbs! :) Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need to check in to that Facebook/Classbook thing, it looks fun!! I have nominated you for a couple of awards, stop by and pick them up!
    -Abby
    Mrs. Saunders' Lovelies

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heather- Your ideas are awesome! I am planning on doing an ocean/fish theme and would love any of your resources you are willing to share. Thanks so much! Melissa abernethym@westonka.k12.mn.us

    ReplyDelete