Monday, July 2, 2012

July Currently


I'm finally joining in on Farley's "currently" craze after watching from afar for so long.




Hopefully I followed the rules - I tried to read carefully. I will be sure to go leave some comments once I'm up.

The only ones that might need some commentary are:

loving - I just started this blog (after a very short stint with Planting the Seeds 4 Learning) and I am super excited with the blog design that Honey Bunch Blog Designs put together for me.

reads - 1. I love to read lots of books in class. I run through tons of picture books and quite a few chapter books a year. One of my favorites is Regarding the Fountain: A Tale, in Letters, of Liars and Leaks
by Kate Klise (illustrated by her sister Sarah Klise). It is a very interesting format. I would recommend a document camera for showing pictures or some extra copies for kids to follow along. It has great word play!  There is a whole series of regarding books so it usually starts a reading frenzy.

2. I had a very tough time deciding about this one but I finally went with I can write like that! because I reference it regularly for ideas of mentor texts for different skills or content.


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm very excited about our visit and I finally did get the reservation made.

      Delete
  2. I love your new blog! I wish the cleaning people were coming to my house. :( I am the cleaning people around here. I would love for you to stop by my blog for a look.

    Jennifer
    Grade 2 Happenings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they only come every other week so I'm the cleaning people in between :-)

      I stopped by your blog and I'm super impressed with your trash to treasure post. That's really cook.

      Heather
      room 4 imagination

      Delete
  3. Love your new blog design too!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I hope that you'll join me for my giveaway ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blog design is really cool. That's going to be one of my splurges this summer as well. :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your new blog! Love the design, too. I am your newest follower :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I am so inspired by your blog that I nominated you for two blog awards. They are the Versatile Blogger and the One Lovely Blog Award. You can come to my blog to pick them up.
    Sincerely,
    Emily
    I Love My Classroom
    www.ilovemyclassroom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun in Yosemite and thank you for sharing about 2 new books for me to check out.

    I love your blog design and the name of your blog! I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete