Sunday, July 8, 2012

My classroom theme

I've been having fun today checking out all the themes today at Surfin' through second and decided to join in myself. I also amjoining up with Show Me Sundays from3-6 resources.

This year I'm doing an ocean theme with a focus on under water versus the shore/beach.

I am a diver and my plan is to recreate a life sized scuba diver that will hang from my ceiling using an old wetsuit with some fins and a mask. I did this years ago but I haven't put it together yet for this year since I can't get into school yet.

I have however made and purchased some fun stuff for the theme. Most of it has already been shown in previous posts but I'll pull it together here.

Several items I purchased.


a Vistaprint banner for my reading area

some more Vistaprint purchases that are theme related
ocean/fish border, cut outs, stickers, and confetti

bulletin board set

I also created a bunch of things on the computer that I wanted for my room.

a banner I made that will have all the names of the new students in my team (with one other teacher)
a calendar set with backgrounds and clip art that I purchased

some class currency for our mini economy - they are business card sized




click for freebie
click for freebie


a framed sign for recognizing birthday students
I also did a few crafty projects. I have a couple of others I will be sharing for Monday Made It so you can't see those yet ;-)

a past Monday made it that finally got it's missing D this weekend
writing banner with ocean related paper



cups I created for my teammate and I (as well as another teacher's owl)

background of letters are waves
Be sure to check out Monday Made it tomorrow to see some more fun things.

I am actually supposed to be able to get into my room on Tuesday and start putting some things in place so I can figure out what else I need to buy or make.

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great stuff for your theme. I love the banner you made! Thanks for sharing-Tracey
    Third Grade All Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute theme! I love your "Welcome" sign you made!

    Lisa from Tales of an Education Major

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many fabulous things that fit your theme so well! That Welcome sign is awesome, the Read letters are so cute, and I love all the blue :) Thanks so much for linking up with 3-6 Free Resources!

    ~Stephanie
    3rd Grade Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made some fantastic things!! I almost bought a tumbler like that today, and now that I see yours I really should have gotten it to decorate:) I would love to see how it all comes together in the upcoming year!

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color scheme and the fact that you have incorporated your own hobby into your theme. I can't wait to see it throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I have fish theme going on in my classroom as well. I have been looking for some more ideas and you have some great one! I'm your newest follower :)
    Erin
    http://adventuresinthirdgrade-brown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete