Here we go:
- Daily 5/CRAFT boards with ocean theme done
- bulletin board headers - done
- diver for ceiling
- classbook poster and headers with ocean look - done
- redo templates for daily 5 posters - can use Wise Guys as templates - so generous
- make memory jar - found jar and printed label so almost done - done
- PHH book bags - painted need to do iron-ons
- make scratch off tickets
- random acts of kindness jar
- big speech/thought bubble
- boggle board - have file just need to print and assemble
- classroom jobs
- absent folder
- update welcome coupons
- ask me about buttons - bought materials done
- student check in pizza tray
- labels for table recycle bins done
- name sign - bought materials
- hall pass sign with ribbon and clips - bought materials
- need a writing conference sign with ribbon and clips - bought materials
- light bulb jar - bought materials done
- set up class blog
- figure out class blogging plan
- reorganize electronic reading and writing files
- make diving related introduction presentations
making some progress :-)
Okay, I'm going to stop there before I freak out. Apparently I need to seriously get to work this weekend since I leave Monday for California. When we return from the week vacation I have two days before teachers need to report to work. Luckily I spent all day in my classroom today so it looks pretty decent except for a couple bulletin boards and little projects. I took some pictures that I hope to share tomorrow.
While doing my room today I was reminded of a purchase that I made a couple of weeks ago, the Desk Apprentice Organizer. I just took out of the box and I'm super excited about it. I definitely think it counts as a fabulous find. Mine is still empty I just need to get it all organized and filled with great stuff like Mel D.
|from Seusstastic Classroom Inspiration|
The final thing I wanted to do today is link up with Third Grade is the Place for Me's
Having only been at this for a few weeks, I definitely count myself as a newbie. Here are my responses to Janis's questions.
- I teach in Georgia
- I teach fourth grade - this will be my sixth year doing it at my current school
- I have been teaching 17 years. I have taught third through fifth. I was also an instructional technology specialist for four years that worked with preK-5 classrooms.
- I started blogging six weeks ago.
- There are lots of resources out there about how to do anything you want to know - just google it. Recently I wanted to know how to include my a link back to my blog when I leave a comment. Here was a handy code generator to do just that.