Saturday, July 7, 2012

Friday fun

This week most of my shopping was for craft related items or for the Fourth of July but I will do a quick link up with...



The thing I feel like I can't live without is my Silhouette CAMEO with the designer edition software.


Although I can't say that I have found it recently (I actually got it for Christmas) I really only started using it recently. There was a bit of a learning curve to create and cut items that aren't from the library but it has definitely been worth it. I think I have used almost every day over the last few weeks.  I love that I can pull in images from various places and turn them into items that can be cut. I also love that I can use any font that I have on my computer. I also think it is super handy to be able to use the print and cut feature.

I have bought some heat transfer material and a rhinestone starter kit so next I need to try and make some cool T-shirts.



I also wanted to share a few of the little Pinterest inspired projects that I have done lately. I actually made a board for all the projects that I have completed so I can move them off of the original spots without actually unpinning them. I am waiting to share a couple of the more involved projects for Made It Monday.

from Run Miss Nelson's Got the Camera
my version - I just used clips I already had

from Mrs. Robinson's Classroom blog
my version - everything was made using my cameo (and some glitter glue)



from Precious Perks

my version - I have a cute fish hook to hold it on the wall


I used the image from around the vinyl to label a folder

from Snippets Craft Boutique
my version - I will make labels and decorate more once I figure out exactly what they will hold

That's all for now. Tomorrow I will share who won my cute clipboard giveaway. If you are still awake feel free to enter before morning.




3 comments:

  1. OK, I have a Cricut but don't like that I can't just cut whatever I want. Should I look into the Cameo? I'm thinking about it...

    Love your craftiness. Make sure you link up on Monday with Tara's (4th Grade Frolics) linky :)

    Thanks for linking up with me.

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I researched quite a bit before the holiday purchase and I do think the Cameo opens up a lot more options. I think a huge key is the fact that it hooks up to the computer and that the software (especially the designer edition) is very comprehensive.

      The studio edition is normally $50 but they are doing a sale right now. Here is a write up:

      The last deal is for those of you who have been wanting to get the Silhouette Studio Designer Edition. For a limited time (July 4-11), you can get the software for 50% off or $25.00 from the Silhouette Shop. Just click HERE to go to the store, add the software to your cart and apply the following code before checking out: CRAFT

      There is some software called Make the Cut that used to be compatible with Cricut but they are no longer allowed to supposed Cricut machines after a lawsuit :(

      I hope that helps.

      Heather

      Delete
  2. i have a couple of Cricuts but seriously want a Cameo too! I'm so jealous! Your theme is so awesome! I love it:)
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete