Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday Made It




This is the first time I have joined a linky from my brand new blog. Unfortunately I can't figuer out how to put the link on the button itself. So much to learn :-)

This upcoming school year I going to have an ocean theme in my room. My first year of teaching (many years ago) I did an ocean unit and covered my ceiling with blue cellophane and hung a life-sized diver from made using a small round pillow head, an old wetsuit, as well as my mask, BCD (bouyancy control device - vest) and fins from diving. I hope to recreate the scene again this year but will have to make sure I am careful about the fire marshal requirements.

For right now I have been creating some things to go along with my theme.

small banner from VistaPrint
I created the image using clipart from Scrappin Doodles (and a book from word). I left some empty space so we could post favorite books within the classroom.

larger banner made with Print Shop to print out
I created this banner to hang between my classroom and the other teacher I will be teamed with. The plan is to print all the new students names on clear labels to stick all over it. I used images from Scrappin Doodles and Lettering Delights.


The final thing I made was some mini economy money for the new theme. The plan is to use it in both of the classes that are teamed. We will print it on blue paper rather than using colored graphics. I used the business card template just to get an idea of size. I made denomination of 1 through 100 since we need a variety throughout the year. These were also made with Scrappin Doodles. If anybody is interested in having it let me know. I intended to get the Scrappin Doodles license for sharing freebies but I haven't done it yet so I can't share the Google link yet. I'll come back and edit when I can. Click this link to get a copy of the money.

Thanks for reading!



6 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm your newest follower. I love the banner and ocean bucks.

    Jill

    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! So glad you linked up:) Love your theme for your classroom! The banners are awesome!! You have so much done already:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and leaving a sweet comment. I loved the idea for the linky. I should have something to share next week too :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Heather! I'm your newest follower. Your ocean theme looks super cute. Do you have a picture of your previous room? I'd love to see it!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following and the kind words. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of my previous room because it was about 15 years ago that I did it. I will however be sure to take pictures this year. As a matter of fact, I stopped by school today and they are waxing the rooms across the hall. They should be getting to mine shortly and then I can go in and start playing around.

      Delete