Saturday, June 30, 2012

June purchases

Well, I have been shopping like a crazy woman so I thought it would be fun to join Kristen's linky party over at Ladybug Teacher Files.


Some of the shopping has been at physical stores and others online. Here are SOME of my fun purchases.

I did a couple of smaller orders with Vistaprint to stock up on ocean themed items. I had a custom t shirt made and some rubber stamps (to get up to $25 for free shipping) but most of the rest of it was free. I even uploaded a picture of myself while scuba diving to go on the notepad and business card.


After all the talk about the quietest pencil sharpener, I bought a couple of blue ones for my room. I haven't tried it yet but I'm hoping it's great.

I bought a bunch of ocean/diving themed stuff at Lakeshore while they were doing a sale. I don't really like the fish and clams wearing the jewels in the one kit but since our school theme is "go for the gold" I thought the treasure chest could be a connection. I'm not sure exactly what I will do stickers but I'm sure I will come up with something. I actually bought two packs of tiny fish/creatures that I will use with a reading incentive board where they will fill their aquariums but I had them at home so they aren't in the picture.


I also purchased two bean bag chairs for my reading area. I actually ordered them online from Walmart. The boxes they showed up in were huge but super light. I'm sure the kid taking care of the dog that weekend was probably really curious what was in the boxes. I didn't think to take a picture of them so I have included a promotional one.

The other cool thing I bought is a classroom library embosser. I pinned it a while back to finally went a bought it. I usually just write my name with sharpie on the front but I thought this would be really neat. It hasn't arrived yet but I technically bought it in June :)


Of course I have bought a ton of crafting materials and also some fabric for a friend's mom to make curtains for my room but I don't want to get too carried away.

3 comments:

  1. I'm finding you through the summer shopping linky party. I adore VistaPrint, and your bean bags are great! Welcome to Blogland! I am your very first follower! Come by when you get a chance! I'd love for you to visit me! I've been shopping too!

    Waving from The Teacher's Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embosser is so awesome! Did you get it from Vista Print? I bought that pencil sharper last year and it is AH-MAZE-ING!

    Kristi
    Learning's a Hoot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't order it from Vistaprint it was from a place called Horchow Furniture. Amazon links over to them.

      Heather

      Delete